- Shades Valley High School
Jefferson County Schools Announce Graduation Plans
Dear JEFCOED Family,
Over the last week, I have been discussing our graduation plans with our district’s senior leadership, our principals, the health department, state leaders, and local leaders. Great time and thought have gone into these plans. They are not perfect.
However, under the current circumstances, there is no way they can be. We are trying to honor our seniors and their accomplishments, but at the same time, do everything we possibly can to protect everyone involved.
Each school will be communicating specific dates and times to their seniors and their families in the coming days. However, each of our ceremonies will follow certain guidelines from the district.
- Graduations will be held outside in each school’s stadium
- Graduations are considered optional
- Graduates will be limited to 4 guests
- Everyone must practice social distancing
- Graduates will stay six feet apart at all times; this includes entering the stadium, sitting during the ceremony, standing in line, and exiting.
- Guests must remain at least 6 feet apart from non-family members at all times.
- Graduates and school staff will be required to wear a mask provided by Jefferson County Schools.
- Guests are highly encouraged to bring and wear their masks.
- Once graduation ceremonies conclude, guests and graduates must leave and will not be allowed to congregate on school property.
- School resource officers and other law enforcement personnel will be on hand to support and assist attendees.
- Please do not attend graduation ceremonies if you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Again, I wish we could have traditional graduation ceremonies for our seniors. They deserve it. However, we hope these modified plans will still provide a memorable experience for them.