- Hueytown Middle School
Return to Headlines
ANNOUNCEMENTS for February 10th to February 14th
- Last week we recognized National School Counseling Week. Our school counselors, like everyone in our school, are here to make a difference. They want to help our learners to dream big and reach for the stars. As Dr. Seuss says, You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way! Their doors are always open and ready to help. Nothing is too big or small for them. We acknowledge and appreciate our school counselors, Dr. Allen and Mrs. Wallis. Thank you for your hard work and commitment to Hueytown Middle School.
- Attn Parents: Every student should have an assigned locker. All book bags and cell phones must be in their assigned lockers. Cellphones are permissible only when using them for BYOD in the classroom for instructional use. This includes PE. Students are not allowed to bring book bags or cell phones to class unless receiving permission to do so (i.e. BYOD, medical/administrator approved).
- Miss HMS Pageant will be held on Saturday, February 15th at Hueytown High School. Time will be 2:00 p.m. Miss HMS Pageant tickets are on sale this week 8:30AM - 11:00AM and 12:00PM - 2:00PM through Feb. 14th. Pageant Practice will be immediately after school Wednesday, Feb. 12th until 4:15PM. See Mrs. Wallis if you have any questions.
- Attention 6th & 7th Grade Prospective Football Players: All football paperwork: Physical concussion Form, Student Release and Star Sportsmanship are due this week. HMS Football parent meeting has been cancelled this week and will be rescheduled.
- All Candy Gram order forms are due to the main office, Tuesday, Feb. 11th while supplies last. If you would like to purchase a Candy Gram, please do so as soon as possible.
- Track tryouts will be Feb. 13th immediately after school until 4:15PM.
- Attention 6th & 7th Students interested in trying out for HMS Cheerleading 2020-2021: There will be a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, February 24th @ 5:30PM in the dining hall.
- Attention Parents: It is that time of year for scoliosis screenings. Letters will go home this week. Please read the letters and return them to your child’s PE teacher. If you have any questions, please call the main office.
- The month of February is our HMS PTA Membership Drive. We are encouraging all parents to join our PTA if you have not already done so. Membership is $10. I would like to say “Thank You” for the parents who attended our PTA meeting last Monday. To the parents who attended, please invite another parent to our next month’s meeting. Remember, we are “All In” at Hueytown Middle School.
- HMS PBIS Celebration will take place on Friday, Feb. 14th @ 2:25PM in the competition gym. All students who have received one PAW ticket this semester will be eligible to participate. We want to recognize and reward our students for Protecting the PAW through positive behavior at HMS.
Monday, Feb. 10th
- 8th Graders will participate in 9th Grade Course Selection Meetings for 2020-2021 school year. These sessions will take place in Coach Abbott and Mr. Piteo’s classes
- HMS Tennis Team will travel to Bragg MS for competition play @ 4PM
Tuesday, Feb. 11th
- HMS Football Parent Meeting @ 5:30PM (CANCELLED - Will be rescheduled at a later date)
Wednesday, Feb. 12th
- First Priority will meet @ 7:30AM, RM 304
- HMS Drama Club-Cast Practice immediately after school, RM 305
- HMS Pageant Practice will be immediately after school, HMS Dining Hall
Thursday, Feb. 13th
- HMS Yearbook Club Meeting immediately after school, Computer Lab
- HMS Tennis Team will travel to Montevallo MS for competition play @ 3:30PM
Friday, Feb. 14th
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
**Concessions will be available for purchase after school
Feb. 17th-CARE Meeting Hueytown City Hall Annex @6PM
Feb. 17th-HMS PTA Meeting @6PM