- Gardendale High School
2018 CIP at a Glance
CIP at a Glance
A Continuous Improvement Plan is developed each year in order to improve instructional programs which directly impact the achievement of all students. The leadership team reviewed and analyzed various types of data and determined the following areas of strengths and areas of need.
- ACT Reading, Science, and English score improved by 5 percent
- The Class of 2018 earned $4,165,916 in scholarships.
- Increase graduation rate and students earning a CCRI (College & Career Indicator)
- Added a new Career Pathway with Health Sciences
- Improve Math ACT scores
- Increase community involvement
- Continue to improve ACT Reading, Science, and English scores
- Continue to increase graduation rates and number of students earning a CCRI credit
- Continue to grow Career Technology Program
Goals and Objectives of Gardendale High School
- Ensure more graduates are college and career ready by increasing the 2019 graduates with a CCRI by 5 percent.
- Increase student growth in juniors that benchmark on the ACT (2019) in reading by five percent by 05/23/2019 as measured by 2019 ACT reading scores.
- Increase student growth in juniors that benchmark on the ACT (2019) in math by three percent by 05/23/2019 as measured by 2019 ACT math scores.
- Foster a standard of quality, standards-based teaching that creates an excellent educational environment for both students and teachers.
- Demonstrate a proficiency for planning quality instruction by having 100% teacher participation in the board lesson plans by 05/23/2019 as measured by participation in board lesson plans.
- Increase community involvement in the school by providing two new service projects for community stakeholders.
- Collaborate to increase community involvement in the academic setting of the school by 05/23/2019 as measured by creating two community service projects.
How parents can help:
- Volunteer to speak at Career Day or help with Mock Interviews through the guidance office
- Ask your student about their College and Career Ready Indicator
- Ask your student about their after high school goal then discuss a plan for the ACT or Career Pathway
- Continue to encourage daily attendance for your student
- Check their academic progress through Chalkable: INOW
If you would like more information about the school CIP, please contact the school office.