Continuous Improvement Plan 2019-2020
Shades Valley High School’s Continuous Improvement Leadership Team met regularly from July to October 2019 to review the school’s mission and vision. The team examined data from surveys of stakeholders and different assessments to determine our strengths and weaknesses. Under the themes Learning and Engagement, the team members identified the critical initiatives to help the school community reach the desired objectives. The team also specified key measures that will help us know when we have reached our intended goals.
Shades Valley High School Vision
Effectively provide for the diverse needs of all learners on their JEFCOED Journey
Shades Valley High School Mission
Achieve success through innovative instruction, responsible resource management, and stakeholder engagement
- All students can successfully learn/become life ready.
- We use data to inform and continuously improve.
- We work as a team for our students' success.
- Our goal is to always become better.
- Schools are safe and secure with appropriate supports.
- Wise, equitable, and transparent use of resources creates an environment for success.
- Students will be proficient on grade-level standards
- Plan, provide, and monitor instruction to ensure success
- Increase quality reading/literacy instruction
- Increase quality math instruction
- Use of lesson plan template weekly
- Pre-ACT, ACT, WorkKeys
- Pre-ACT, ACT
- Stakeholders will engage and contribute to the positive school culture.
- Increase student engagement
- Increase teacher engagement
- Increase parent engagement
- ELEOT, iNOW, Kronos, Surveys
- Discipline Infractions
- Kronos, Teacher Surveys, Turnover reports year to year
- Parent surveys, attendance at parent events