Welcome to Erwin Middle School
Effectively provide for the diverse needs of all learners on their JEFCOED Journey.
Achieve success through innovative instruction, responsible resource management and stateholder engagement.
-All students can successfully learn/become life-ready.
-We use data to inform/ continuously improve.
-We work as a team for our student's success.
-Our goal is to always become better.
-Schools are safe/secure with appropriate support.
-Wise/equitable/transparent use of resources creates an environment for success.
Dress Code Reminders
- Jeans with open holes above the knee are not allowed
- Skirts and dresses must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Cut off tops, tank tops, and mesh or sheer tops can be worn if a t-shirt with sleeves is worn underneath or another shirt is worn over the top. The cover shirt or undershirt may not be clear or mesh
- No halter-tops, spaghetti strap tops. Midriff tops, or overly revealing shirts
- Purses and book bags are not allowed in class
- Leggings and jeggings are allowed only if you have appropriate clothing over them that meet the dress code policy
The Jefferson County Board of Education will have a Special Called Board Meeting on August 2, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.. We will also have a Special Called Board Meeting with our regular monthly committee meeting to follow on Tuesday, August 9, 2022 in the Board Room at 10:00 a.m. at the Board Office, 2100 18th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama.
The Jefferson County Board of Education will meet for our 1st Budget Hearing and Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 (instead of Thursday, August 25, 2022) at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Room.
Class of 2022 Earns More Than 100 Million in Scholarship Offers for a 2nd Consecutive Year