Minor Middle School Counselors
The role of school counselors is to support all students with their academic, social/emotional, and career needs. That means helping students to apply academic strategies, manage their emotions, and plan for post-secondary options after high school. Based on needs assessments and data, school counselors provide:
- School Counseling Classroom Lessons - teaching developmentally appropriate mindsets and behaviors students need to be successful in middle school and to be college- and career- ready.
- Small Group Counseling - meeting with 5-8 students in a smaller group setting to address issues such as study skills, anger management, family changes, or death.
- Individual Student Planning and Counseling - meeting with students one-on-one for short-term, brief counseling.
- Referrals and Resources - directing families to outside resources for long-term support.
- Consultation and Collaboration - with parents/guardians, staff, administrators, and the community.
MEET OUR COUNSELORS
Ms. Darian Hurst - All 6th grade and 7th graders with last names A-L
Ms. Jamie Haley - All 8th grade and 7th graders with last names M-Z
firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. Victoria Crews - Attendance & Achievement Counselor