What is the role of Middle School Counselors?
Middle school counselors attempt to help all students get the most out of school. Your support and cooperation can help make your child’s middle school years a rewarding experience! We hope that parents and students feel free to use these services and we look forward to working with you.
Areas how we assist students:
- Working out personal and school related issues
- Improving grades
- Healthy Friendships
- Self Image/ Body Image
- Transitioning into Middle School
- Decision Making
- Getting Organized
- Planning for High School
- Dealing with Peer Pressure and Bullying
Areas how we assist parents:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communications
- Providing referral sources
- Understanding developmental changes that middle school brings
- Expediting communication with teachers
- Supplying reference materials
- Providing information to better understand your child’s needs
- Explaining school test scores
Free counseling and support for children / teens, parents / caregivers, and families grieving the death of a child or someone in their life.
Crisis Center Birmingham
Free support for those having a personal crisis or mental health issues.
Cyber Abuse Tip Line
As the nation's clearinghouse & comprehensive reporting center for all issues related to the prevention of and recovery from child victimization, NCMEC leads the fight against abduction, abuse, and exploitation - because every child deserves a safe childhood.
Working to prevent cyberbullying and online harrassment.