Welcome to the GES Library!
Tips to Make Summer Reading Happen
- CHOICE: Let your kids choose the books that they read.
- BOUNTY: Fill your house with lots of books. More books = more chances for your children to find a fantastic, amazing, very good book that they can’t put down.
- LIBRARY: Use your library. Let your kids go WILD and check out lots of books!
- TIME: Kids need opportunities for reading. So, make sure they’re not filling all their time with TV, video games, and iPad time.
- TECHNOLOGY: Don’t forget about audiobooks, Kindles, iPads, and Nook reading. Those count, too.
- READABILITY: Make sure your child is reading books that he or she can actually comprehend. When choosing a book, use the 5 finger test to decide if it’s a just right book. During and after reading, ask your child to tell you a little bit about the story. If you haven’t read the story, read the back and ask questions pertaining to that summary. Make sure your child is understanding what he reads — and that he KNOWS IF HE DOESN’T.
Don't forget to CLIP those Box Tops and send in to the GES Library!
7:50 am-11:55 am & 12:30 pm-2:40 pm