JEFCOED Guidelines for Students & Parents on Campus During COVID-19
Any individual coming onto a Jefcoed campus should assess for COVID-19 symptoms before entering campus or JEFCOED property. Parent/guardian of students is responsible to check your child and take temperature before coming to school each day.
Any student who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms below should not report to school
- New onset of cough
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Fever (tempeture 100 or greater)
- Two of the following: headache, sore throat, muscle aches, congestion, runny nose, fatigue
If symptomatic, the infividual should seek medical care, COVID-19 testing or both.
Stay home when:
- When directly exposed to COVID-19 (for instance, if someone at home is infected),
- If diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or awaiting a COVID-19 test results.
- Increase hygiene practices: wash hands for 20 second duration and more frequently, avoid touching your face, cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow. If hand washing facilities are not available use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face mask.
- Do NOT share items such as school supplies, water bottles or towels
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 do not report to school/campus until results have been recevied and instructions given per your physician/nursing department/Health department.
- If you test positive for COVID19 please notify/self-report to your school nurse