Degrees and Certifications:
Family and Consumer Sciences Education
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family life, work, and careers in Family and Consumer Sciences Education by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for
- strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet the needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives
- Using critical-and creative- thinking skills to address problems in family, community, and work environments
- Managing life, employment, and career development successfully
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family and work life
- Enhancing intellectual development and maximizing potential
Here at Corner Middle School, we offer Middle School level courses within FCS such as Teen Discoveries and Teen Connections. In these courses we will be developing skills in areas such as Personal Connections, Food and Wellness Connections, Clothing Connections, Technology and Career Connections, Family and Child Care Connections, and Housing Connections.
FCCLA is the Career Technical Student Organization that accompanies this program.
FCCLA members will be participating in community service projects and competitions that will help to promote leadership skills.