Registering Your Children in Jefferson County Schools

  • All JEFCOED Schools Participate in Online Registration

    Steps to Register Your Child(ren) in Jefferson County Schools:

    1. Complete Residence Verification
      • To register your child(ren) you must first complete the required residence verification at your local school
      • Please review the required items needed to verify residency below

    2. Receive Snapcode
      • Once you have verified your residence at your local school, they will provide you with a snapcode in order to complete online registration

    3. Complete Online Registration
      • Please click the 'Begin Online Registration' button below after you have completed steps one and two above

    If you are new to Jefferson County Schools or have questions about your child’s zoned school, please call our district's Student Services Department at 205-379-2165 or contact the local school in your area.

    Your local school will determine specific registration dates and times.

Items Required for Residence Verification in Jefferson County Schools

  • Single Party Residence

    • Current Lease or Deed
    • 2 Current Utility Bills (Power, Water or Gas)
    • Parent/Guardian Picture ID
    • Student Social Security Card (requested not required)
    • Birth Certificate
    • Current Alabama Immunization Form

    2nd Party Residency
    Any person unable to produce residence documentation, as listed above, may prove residence as instructed below.

    • Take the following information to the SCHOOL you are zoned for to get your principals' checklist.
    • Once you have your checklist, you will come to the BOE to complete the affidavit process.

    Property Owner:

    • Copy of Lease or Deed - If the property is leased, the parent of the student is required to be added to the lease
    • 2 Current Utility Bills (Power, Water or Gas)

    Parent of Student:

    • 2 Proofs of Residence (Acceptable items include: Car Insurance, Bank Statement, Medical Bills, Current Pay Stub, Car Tag Receipt, Proof of Medicaid or Health Insurance)