Our Mission and Vision
The Jefferson County School District is committed to excellence in teaching and learning for all.
As a Professional Learning Community, we have a collective commitment to the following:
- Ensure achievement for all students by offering a challenging curriculum along with career tech pathways.
- Utilize data to guide decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Establish collaborative teaming focused on teaching and learning.
- Support faculty, administrators, and staff through relevant professional learning opportunities.
- Value skills and expertise of all employees.
- Build and maintain effective communication with families and communities
West Jefferson Elementary School strives to foster a love for learning and provide high expectations in a nurturing academic environment where children are valued as individual learners and challenged to achieve their maximum potential while in our care.