Registering Your Children in Jefferson County Schools
All JEFCOED Schools Participate in Online Registration
If you are new to Jefferson County Schools or have questions about your child’s zoned school, please call our district's Student Services Department at 205-379-2165 or contact the local school in your area.
If you need assistance identifying the school for which your child is zoned, use this online interactive tool to find your student's school.
Should I Complete NEW or RETURNING Student Registration?
New Student Registration
The 2022-2023 New Student Registration form is for students who have not been enrolled at any school in Jefferson County during the 2021-2022 school year. Students entering kindergarten for the first time in Jefferson County and any other K-12 students joining us from a different school district should complete the New Student Registration form online. Parents of JEFCOED pre-k students who will move up to kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year will also need to complete New Student Registration.
Returning Student Registration
Parents whose students are currently enrolled in a Jefferson County school for the 2021-2022 school year will complete Returning Student Registration. Students are considered to be “returning” even if they are moving up to the next grade level at a different school campus or if they are transferring to a different Jefferson County school. The exception to this is if your child is currently enrolled in a Jefferson County pre-k and will be moving up to kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year, you will need to complete New Student Registration online as an entering, first time kindergartener.
Pre-k registration is handled by the local school. If your child is enrolling in a Jefferson County pre-k, you will not complete registration online.
New Students for the 2022-2023 School Year
- If you are a new student to Jefferson County of the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year, please keep scrolling to the section below titled "New Students for the 2021-2022 School Year."
- New students will be registered using a DIFFERENT link from returning students.
- No snapcode is needed for new students.
- Access the link for registration for NEW STUDENTS by clicking on the hyperlinked text below.
- All information will be able to be uploaded via the online portal.
- This includes items required for residence verification and new student documents (birth certificate and immunization).
- Parents choosing not to upload documents through the online process will be able to present them to the local school.
- The local school will verify documents submitted for residence verification and new student documents. (Parents should contact the local school regarding questions or available times to present the documents.)
- Registration is not completed until both the online registration process has been completed AND residence and new student documents have been verified.
- If you do not know what school you are zoned for, use this link.
Returning Students for the 2022-2023 School Year
We are excited to announce that starting with the 2022-2023 school year our registration process for returning students will become more streamlined! SNAP codes will no longer be necessary or required to register. All registration will be done online through the Powerschool Parent Portal.
Moving forward, we hope this will be a much easier registration process! It is always our goal to provide excellent customer service to our parents!
Need a JEFCOED PowerSchool Parent Portal Account yet?
1. Open the internet browser on your computer.
2. Type https://jeffersonco.powerschool.com/public in the address bar.
3. Click the "Create Account" tab and then the "Create Account" button.
4. Enter the Parent Account details to create the username and password.
5. In the "Link Students to Account" section, enter the name of your student(s) and relationship.You'll also need the unique access ID and access password shared on your child's end of year report card for each child to whom you wish to link your account.
Want additional support in creating your Parent Portal account?
Join us for one of the parent training sessions scheduled throughout the district this summer.
Have a JEFCOED PowerSchool Parent Portal Account?
1. Log in to the Parent Portal at https://jeffersonco.powerschool.com/public.
2.Select the student you wish to register along the top.
3. In the menu on the left-hand side, select Returning Student Registration (2022-2023).
4. Agree to the terms and conditions.
5. Select Begin Forms.
Items Required for Residence Verification in Jefferson County Schools
Single Party Residence
- Current Lease or Deed
- 2 Current Utility Bills (Power, Water or Gas)
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Birth Certificate
- Current Alabama Immunization Form
2nd Party Residency
Any person unable to produce residence documentation, as listed above, may prove residence as instructed below.
- Provide the local school with the documents below.
- The local school administrator will provide you with the information needed to complete your 2nd party residence requirements.
- Copy of Lease or Deed - If the property is leased, the parent of the student is required to be added to the lease
- 2 Current Utility Bills (Power, Water or Gas)
Parent of Student:
- 2 Proofs of Residence (Acceptable items include: Car Insurance, Bank Statement, Medical Bills, Current Pay Stub, Car Tag Receipt, Proof of Medicaid or Health Insurance)