Enlighten, Engage & Empower
The mission of the Jefferson County School District is to ensure rigorous learning for all through engaging, innovative instruction, responsible resource management, and meaningful community and family collaboration focused on student success.
The vision of the Jefferson County School District is to be characterized by the use of best practices resulting in effectively providing for the diverse needs of all learners.
As a learning community committed to excellence, we believe in:
- Ensuring academic achievement and success for all students through rigorous, relevant curriculum and engaging, effective instruction that result in college and career ready graduates.
- Using data to guide decision making, to demonstrate accountability, and to inform continuous improvement.
- Engaging in collaborative partnerships and teamwork among staff, students, families and the community to focus all efforts and resources on student success.
- Supporting the continued professional development and growth of all employees and valuing their contributions.
- Providing safe and secure school facilities that are well maintained, well equipped, and technology rich.
- Maintaining open communication, fiscal responsibility, and equitable distribution of system resources to inspire trust, cooperation, and active support for student success.