Welcome to Erwin Middle School
Effectively provide for the diverse needs of all learners on their JEFCOED Journey.
Achieve success through innovative instruction, responsible resource management and stateholder engagement.
-All students can successfully learn/become life-ready.
-We use data to inform/ continuously improve.
-We work as a team for our student's success.
-Our goal is to always become better.
-Schools are safe/secure with appropriate support.
-Wise/equitable/transparent use of resources creates an environment for success.
We are hosting our First Annual Parent University, a special night for parents at Erwin Middle School on Tuesday, December 13th. Parents will have the opportunity to attend three informative sessions and students will receive 100 participation points for parental support. We have a lot of great sessions, resources, and giveaways just for parents, so if you would, please come out and show your support!
Dress Code Reminders
- Jeans with open holes above the knee are not allowed
- Skirts and dresses must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Cut off tops, tank tops, and mesh or sheer tops can be worn if a t-shirt with sleeves is worn underneath or another shirt is worn over the top. The cover shirt or undershirt may not be clear or mesh
- No halter-tops, spaghetti strap tops. Midriff tops, or overly revealing shirts
- Purses and book bags are not allowed in class
- Leggings and jeggings are allowed only if you have appropriate clothing over them that meet the dress code policy
Notice of JEFCOED Board and Committee Meetings
The Jefferson County Board of Education will have a Special Called Board meeting on March 9, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the board’s office, 2100 18th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama. The purpose of the meeting shall be to consider and vote on personnel actions and other board business. The Jefferson County Board of Education will meet for our regular Committee Meeting immediately following the Special Called Board Meeting.
The regular March Board Meeting will be on Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. in the Board Room .
2023-2024 Jefferson County International Baccalaureate Applications
The application window is now open. All applications must be postmarked by February 14, 2023.
2023-2024 Pre-K Registration for JEFCOED schools
Pre-K applications will be available from Sunday, January 15, 2023 to Sunday, February 26, 2023. Click the link above to learn more.
JCVAL 23-24 Fall Semester Applications will open on June 1, 2023
The application is currently closed for the spring semester.