Head Coach- Kelly Scott email@example.com
Assistant coach- Tori Brown firstname.lastname@example.orgTryouts are normally in April- this year will be April 5th and 6thThose wanting to tryout must sign up and get tryout packets when they are availableSeason runs from August to October with preseason practices/workouts being in the summerWe have Facebook( @gdalevball), twitter (@GHSvball1), and Instagram (@gardendalehsvolleyball) to keep up with all dates, schedules etc.
GHS Debate Team
Sponsor: Mr. J. Brasher - email@example.com
- Members travel to Samford University to compete in the Birmingham Area Debate League. Members can win awards and build valuable skills for college and career.
- The GHS team usually places in the top 3 in the league!
- Membership looks great on a college acceptance application, recommendation letter, or a job resume.
- Enjoy a fun, friendly, team atmosphere.
- Practices are flexible--usually once a week and skip holidays.
- Open to all students in grades 9-12. Students are required to tryout. Tryouts are usually in August or September. At the tryout, students should demonstrate presentation skills, research skills, argumentation skills, and an ability to respond to questioning "on their feet." I most prefer students who are reliable, communicative, and diligent. We can work on the rest!
- Photo below is from 2019 -- GHS won 2nd place as a team, including several top ten individual speaker awards. Not all members pictured.