Every Student, Every Day!
Preparing students to be college and career ready while developing skills to be life-long learners.
New Students for the 2022-2023 School Year
2022-2023 NEW STUDENTS
- If you are a new student to Jefferson County of the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year, please keep scrolling to the section below titled "New Students for the 2021-2022 School Year."
- New students will be registered using a DIFFERENT link from returning students.
- No snapcode is needed for new students.
- Access the link for registration for NEW STUDENTS by clicking on the hyperlinked text below.
- All information will be able to be uploaded via the online portal.
- This includes items required for residence verification and new student documents (birth certificate and immunization).
- Parents choosing not to upload documents through the online process will be able to present them to the local school.
- The local school will verify documents submitted for residence verification and new student documents. (Parents should contact the local school regarding questions or available times to present the documents.)
- Registration is not completed until both the online registration process has been completed AND residence and new student documents have been verified.
- If you do not know what school you are zoned for, use this link.
Course Selection for the 2022-2023 School Year
CCHS Course Selection Website is available for you and your students to review to see which classes are being offered next year. Please look through this with your student so that they may make the best decisions for their classes next year.
Juniors will receive their sheets on March 3, 2022.
Freshmen and Sophomores will receive their sheets on March 9 and March 10, 2022.
Please email your counselor if you have any questions.
More details will be provided later.
It's Career Tech Month
Welcome to Career and Technical Education at Clay-Chalkville High School!
The CTE program is comprised of the following clusters:
- Advertising Design
- Building Construction
- Business Management and Administration
- Computer Science
- Culinary Arts
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Health Science
- Law and Society
- Television Production
For the most up-to-date Bus Information
Join the CCHS Bus Reminds.
Remind101 Codes for CCHS Bus Riders
Last Name Begins with A-L
Last Name Begins with M-Z
How to join a Remind101 class (new users): https://youtu.be/DLP__QYSOj4
How to join a Remind101 class (existing users):
Important information regarding Seniors.
Please visit the Senior Page by clicking "About" then "Clubs and Organizations" and then "Senior Information."
The Jefferson County Board of Education will have a Special Called Board meeting on May 10, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the board’s office 2100 18th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama. The purpose of the meeting shall be to consider and vote on certain bid documents and other board business in open session and to enter into executive session in accordance with Alabama law, to discuss with the Board’s attorney pending legal issues. The Jefferson County Board of Education will meet for our regular Committee Meeting immediately following the Executive Session.
JEFCOED and the Jefferson County Schools Education Foundation announced Tuesday night that Grantswood Community School’s Andrea Riley (elementary division) and Gardendale High School’s Alex Lewis (secondary division) are the 2022-2023 Teachers of the Year.