Facility Rental Procedures
1. A person requesting rental of a school facility contacts the school office.
2. The principal or designee gives verbal approval for the rental and checks the school calendar for conflicts. A designated person at the school places the event on the school’s master calendar.
3. The principal or designee schedules a custodian or building supervisor to open and close the building. This person will be paid on the school’s supplemental payroll. Calculation of payment should include cost of retirement and benefits. Overtime rates will apply if the rental causes an hourly employee to work more than 40 hours in that week.
4. The principal or designee calls the Community Education Zone office with the name and phone number of the person requesting the rental, name of the building supervisor and rate of pay for that person.
5. If the rental requires that air conditioning or heat must be turned on at times other than regular school use, the cost of utilities will be charged to the renter. The Board approved Facility Use Form will be sent to the maintenance department as approval to schedule the heat or air to be turned on.
6. The zone coordinator or designee explains rental procedures and fees to the renter, prepares a facility use form and sends the form to the person renting the facility for their signature, then faxes it to the school office for the principal’s signature. After getting the signatures and proof of liability insurance, the zone coordinator sends the form for board approval for any non-school activities.
7. The person/group renting the facility will pay the school for the rental fee and the salary cost of the building supervisor and will pay theJefferson County Board of Education for the utility cost.
Community Education Zone Contacts:
Erwin/Pinson/Gardendale/Fultondale/Mortimer Jordan/Warrior Zone
Jodi McGraw or Kay Sharp: 379-5650
Minor/West Jefferson/Corner Zone
Jodi McGraw or Chuck Vickers: 379-5650
Hueytown/McAdory/Oak Grove/Pleasant Grove Zone
Teresa Moore or Chuck Vickers: 379-5670
Shades Valley/Clay-Chalkville Zone
Shelia Frederick or Kay Sharp: 379-5373