Board APPROVED Revised 2012-13 School Year Calendar
The following were changes approved by the board to our 2012 – 2013 school year calendar, according to the recently passed school calendar bill. The full calendar can be seen here.
1. Teachers would begin August 13th and have 5 days of Professional Development or workdays. A second workday would be scheduled for Wednesday, January 2nd and the final workday would be Friday, May 24th.
2. Students begin school on Monday, August 20th.
3. Labor Day (Sept 3rd) – all schools/COB closed.
4. Veterans Day (Nov 11th) will be observed on Monday, Nov. 12th – all schools/COB closed.
5. Three Days off for Thanksgiving (Nov. 21-23) – all schools/COB closed.
6. Students, Teachers and twelve month employees last day before Mid-year Holidays would be December 21. All schools/COB closed until January 2nd. Twelve month employees and teachers return January 2nd, students return January 3rd.
7. Martin Luther King Day will be January 21st – all schools/COB closed.
8. Spring Break would be March 18th thru March 22nd - all schools/COB closed.
9. Last day for students would be Thursday, May 23rd; Last day for teachers will be Friday May 24th (Friday before Memorial Day).
10. Memorial Day, May 27th – all schools/COB closed.
This is 180 instructional days. There are no weather days included; days missed due to weather would need to be made up on Saturdays.
Summer work hours would be extended through the week of August 6th.